The Restorative Nursing Assistant, also know as RNAs in Missouri is an expanded role of a CNA. In Missouri there are currently no state of federal regulations. However, state and feral regulations and laws ensure that residents of health care facilities receive optimum care delivered by trained personnel.
If you are looking to advance you role for your current position as a nurse Aide because you are thinking about trying out the field, then you may want to keep in mind the following guidelines first: 1) requirements and qualifications before you enroll; 2) school or institution you will go to; 3) what are the certification requirements; 4) and what are the available career moves that you can have if you pursue this field.
The RNA training in Missouri acquires special knowledge, skills. Certified nursing assistant will receive education in three main areas: speech, occupational and physical therapy.
All Restorative Nursing Assistant training programs have prerequisites for the Course. It is strongly recommended that the class be offered to those who have meet the credentials that are based on the subsequent criteria:
- Individual should be a working as a CNA with a minimum of least six (6) months experience after completion of the Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- The director of nursing of the facility at which the individual currently is employed should provide the recommendation of the individual.
- The individual should have either obtained a high school diploma or received their GED.
The Department of Health and Senior Services in Missouri has developed a manual for RNAs, which is available at Assessment Resource Center. You can contact them by calling 800-366-8232 or 573-882-4694. The Item number for students is 50-5070S.
A recommended Missouri Restorative course will consist of the following:
- A minimum of at least 30 hours of classroom/laboratory instruction.
- A minimum of 30 hours of clinical practical knowledge skills will be given to each participant under the supervision of the facilitator and licensed therapist.
- Evaluations which includes written tests.
The Testing Procedure:
The recommended testing procedure for Missouri is:
The practical examination will consist of the following a minimum of six skills, two from each subject (Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapy).
Plus four (4) required skills:
- Covering the resident for treatment/procedures
- Range of motion exercises
- Proper Transferring techniques
This certification will be awarded to individuals after the completion of your course and after passing a comprehensive exam. Each state may have a different set of additional requirements so it would be best to ask your school that you are attending.
Current Listing of Restorative Nurse Assistant (RNA) Training in Missouri
Preferred Futures, Inc
234 NW 41st Road
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Missouri Health Care Association
236 Metro Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Assumpta Allied Health Career Center
6033 Raytown Road,
Raytown, MO 64133
Warrensburg Area Career Center
205 South Ridgeway DR.
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Metropolitan Community College
Kansas City, MO 64111
4255 NATURE CENTER WAY
SPRINGFIELD MO 65804
State Fair Community College
3201 W. 16th St
Sedalia, Missouri 65301-2199
Toll-free: (877) 311-7322