Home health agencies all throughout Maryland are hiring home health aides due to the high demand in the state. You have the greatest possibility of obtaining a job, provided that you meet the requirements and have completed the appropriate training for the state. Regardless of whether you decide to work privately or become employed by a home health agency, your odds of obtaining employment is great.
Depending on the home health employer, a high school diploma or a GED may or may not be required. Some home health agencies may require that the employee complete an evaluation. Compliance issues that are related to government funding require that home health aides in Maryland be certified to provide home care.
Sure, there are several job opening for home health aides in Maryland, but you wonder where you should apply, right? The most convenient way would be to apply online. Home health agencies readily post job opportunities on job boards. Listed below are some of the agencies that are currently hiring, along with requirements and the qualifications needed.
They are noted to only staff the best qualified and most compassionate caring professionals. They are currently hiring home health aides that are willing to give more of themselves, care more and bring a more positive attitude to their work.
Those who get hired as home health aides at BirghtStar Care will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - $11 to $13 per hour
- Quarterly Employee Bonus Program
- CPR Classes and TB Provided Free
- Pre-Tax 401k Retirement Investing
- Annual Employee Celebration and Awards
Job Duties include:
- Provide client care according to approved Plan of Care
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene needs
- Provide transportation as needed
- Assist with providing a safe environment for client
- Complying with all documentation and record keeping requirements
- The Requirements for the job includes:
- Dependable car / auto insurance
- Clear background and criminal record
They are currently seeking home health aides with excellent care giving skills, that have a passion for providing care for seniors and would enjoy working for a nationally recognized agency that has been in business over 12 years.
Home Health Aides at visiting angels provide private duty non-medical in-home assistance with all matters of personal hygiene and grooming, planning and preparing meals, light housework, doing laundry, running errands, and helping in coping with the routines of everyday life, as well as offering basic companionship and moral guidance needed by seniors.
- 401k and health insurance
CNA/GNA/HHA or equivalent experience: 1 year
Optimal Health Care, Inc.
Currently seeking to employ Home Health Aides to assist with clients in their homes to maintain a safe, independent, & enjoyable life by assisting with daily activities of living under the direction of their nursing staff.
Duties include, however are not limited to dressing, feeding, hygiene and appearance, preparing food, tidying up the home, and helping with mobility limitations. The skills performed are varied and based on the specific client's needs.
Home Health Applicants must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Submit to & pass a background check
- Have a current or obtain CPR & First Aid certification
- Have or obtain a negative TB test or chest X-ray within the last 12 months.
Right At Home
To ensure that the home health aides that they employ meet their high standards, they have a rigorous selection process. Before caregivers can become employed with Right at Home and begin the process of taking care of clients, every one of them is required to go through:
- Complete reference checks
- Background clearance check
- Personal interviews will be conducted
- Training and Continuing Education
Once a home health aide meets their strict selection criteria, it's just the start. First, all Right at Home caregivers are insured and bonded. Then, each HHA caregiver will go through a comprehensive orientation process that ingrains their policies and procedures.
Home Health Aide Qualifications
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Must Possess a valid driver's license along with the use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
If you are a Maryland home health aide or are currently looking to move to the state to find a job, I hope this list of home health agencies helped in your search.